All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionImagine a land where all the animals are free...To the creatures of the woodland, the land of Animalia sounds like a dream - a tropical island where all the animals live in harmony. They are over-shadowed by a much more evil community; the polluted Megatropolis, whose dirty skyscrapers block the horizon. And then one day, Wirral the Squirrel's woodland is destroyed by developers and he is thrown into the nightmare world of Megatropolis. But Wirral believes in Animalia and he joins with Froggo, a world-class amphibian balloonist, and Wilhamina, a girl squirrel, to lead the enslaved animals of the city to a new life. So begins an exciting adventure through the mean streets of Megatropolis, over the sea and through the sky. Developed out of an exceptional fusion of creative talents, this story explodes onto every page. The plot is fast, furious and funny; the illustrations are full of rich depth and colour; and the characters live on long after you have turned the final page. It will delight children of all ages and is sure to become an enduring classic. Young audiences will delight in the clever wordplay and smartly-drawn comic characters. (Independent).
- Author BiographyPaul McCartney's lifelong interest in children's storytelling grew out of his childhood love of classic Disney. He has created a number of animated films in collaboration with Geoff Dunbar, including Rupert and the Frog Chorus which won a BAFTA for best animated short film and became the bestselling video of the year. His recent animated releases have included Daumier's Law, Tropic Island Hum, and Tuesday. Geoff Dunbar, the artist who has created the illustrations for this book, is one of the world's finest animation directors. Among his many awards for film and television Geoff has received two BAFTAs and a BAFTA nomination, a Palme D'Or at Cannes, a Golden Bear at Berlin, a Grand Prix at Ottawa and La Spiga D'Ore at Valladolid. Philip Ardagh is a bestselling children's author whose books have received widespread critical acclaim in the UK, US and throughout the world - his work is now translated into 27 languages. His EDDIE DICKENS trilogy is in the process of being developed into a major film from Warner Bros.
- Author(s)Paul McCartney,Philip Ardagh
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication05/10/2006
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight441 g
- Width199 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Geoff Dunbar
- Edition StatementMain
- Interest Agefrom 7 to 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $126.99Trending at AU $162.41
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $29.93
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.55
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $47.51
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $29.39
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $9.88Trending at AU $10.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.