Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.60Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThis work is a guide to building athletic performance. It follows the same progression as a sound conditioning programme, first testing and building up the nine essential fitness components, next tailoring the training exercises and drills to the development of sport-specific performance factors. Finally periodizing the training programme precisely for peak performance at critical points in the competitive season and, if necessary, using a safe and effective reconditioning regimen to bring an athlete back from injury.
- Author Biography<b>Bill Foran</b> is the strength and conditioning coach for the Miami Heat. He has a master's degree in exercise physiology from Michigan State University and is a certified strength and conditioning specialist. Foran resides in Pembroke Pines, Florida.</p><b>William Kraemer</b> holds multiple appointments at the Pennsylvania State University, where he is professor of applied physiology, director of research in the Center for Sports Medicine, associate director of the Center for Cell Research, and faculty member in the kinesiology department and the Noll Physiological Research Center. He is also editor in chief of the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. Dr. Kraemer is a former president and vice president of the NSCA; this association honored him with the Sport Scientist of the Year in 1992 and the Lifetime Achievement Award in 1994. He is also a fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine.</p><b>Nikos Apostolopoulos</b> is the founder of Stretch Therapy and the Serapis Stretch Therapy Clinic, the only clinic in the world pioneering in the development of therapeutic stretching. A graduate of the faculty of physical and health education from the University of Toronto, he has over 17 years of experience in gross and functional anatomy. Apostolopoulos is currently writing a book on stretch therapy, titled A Functional Clinical Anatomy Technique, as well as working toward his doctorate of health science. He resides in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.</p><b>Donald Chu</b> is a licensed physical therapist, a certified athletic trainer through the National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA), and a CSCS through the NSCA. Dr. Chu, who earned a PhD in physical therapy and kinesiology from Stanford University, is the program director for the physical therapist assistant program at Ohlone College in Fremont, California. He is also a professor emeritus of kinesiology and physical education at California State University, Hayward. Chu, a former president of the NSCA, lives in Alameda, California.</p><b>Peter Twist</b> has coached more than 500 professional athletes including Mark Messier, Pavel Bure, and Hakeem Olajuwan. He has authored dozens of articles and two books on the subjects of conditioning and quickness, including Complete Conditioning for Ice Hockey (1997 Human Kinetics). Having coached in the NHL for seven years, Twist is currently the president of the Hockey Conditioning Coaches Association and coeditor of the Journal of Hockey Conditioning & Player Development. Twist resides in North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.</p><b>E. Paul Roetert</b> is the former administrator of sport science for the United States Tennis Association (USTA) and is currently the executive director of the American Sport Education Program (ASEP) for Human Kinetics. Roetert received his PhD in biomechanics from the University of Connecticut and is a fellow in the American College of Sports Medicine. Roetert is an accomplished writer who has coauthored Complete Conditioning for Tennis (1998 Human Kinetics) and published articles in numerous scientific publications. Roetert lives in Champaign, Illinois.</p><b>George Blough Dintiman</b> has more than 30 years of experience working on speed improvement with athletes at all levels--from beginners to the pros. The author of 30 books and three videos on speed improvement and health and wellness topics, Dintiman also is an NFL speed consultant and an internationally recognized authority on speed improvement for team sports. He is a board member of the International Sports Science Association and is president of the National Association of Speed and Explosion. Dintiman resides in Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina.</p>A running coach for the past 38 years, <b>Jack Daniels</b> is currently a professor of physical education and is a distance running coach at State University of New York at Cortland. He received his doctoral degree in exercise physiology at the University of Wisconsin. Nam
- Author(s)Bill Foran
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/06/2000
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2001
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note243 black & white illustrations, 32 black & white halftones
- Weight1066 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBill Foran
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.