Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis fully revised and updated textbook weaves law into its historical, political, and sociological context, while providing clear explanation of the law as it applies to American colleges and universities. This text draws exclusively on federal and state cases emerging from campuses and includes helpful pedagogical elements--such as chapter outlines, questions for discussion, side bars, text boxes, research aids, and summation of law--to equip readers with the tools and kwledge to effectively respond in an environment of increasing litigation. Addressing a gap in the literature, this new edition provides a comprehensive and accessible understanding of the latest laws relevant to higher education and student affairs administrators. New In This Edition: * Explanation and streamlining of old case law. * New cases throughout covering recent developments in: student loan debt, student safety, Internet speech, affirmative action, discrimination, Greek life, issues relating to new techlogy, n-faculty employees, campus police, and athletics. * Revised explanation on student and college costs. * Expanded examination of the idea of academic freedom
- Author BiographyKlinton W. Alexander is Dean and Professor of Law in the College of Law at the University of Wyoming, USA. Kern Alexander is Excellence Professor at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, USA, and Editor of the Journal of Education Finance.
- Author(s)Kern Alexander,Klinton W. Alexander
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/10/2016
- SubjectNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.