All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.59
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionMany higher education institutions are like small towns, meeting the needs of their members by providing t only specialist teaching and research activities but also residential accommodation, catering, telecommunications, counselling, sports facilities and so on. The management of these institutions is very complex, requiring both generalist and specialist kwledge and skills; and the move to formal strategic planning means that it is longer acceptable for higher education managers to be aware only of their own relatively narrow areas of expertise. All new managers would benefit from an holistic perspective on managing a whole institution. As such individuals are promoted, such 'helicopter vision' becomes a precondition of their and their institution's success. Higher Education Management provides: * the first comprehensive account of n-academic higher education management. * contributions from distinguished practitioners of university management. * a key resource for all aspiring, trainee and practising managers in higher education.
- Author BiographyDavid Warner is a Professor and Pro-Vice-Chancellor at the University of Central England in Birmingham having previously worked at the Universities of East Anglia and Warwick. He has published extensively on many aspects of higher education management, and his previous Open University Press books are Managing Educational Property, The Income Generation Handbook and Human Resource Management in Higher and Further Education. He is the editor of the journal International Education. David Palfreyman is the Bursar and a Fellow of New College, Oxford, having previously worked at the Universities of Warwick and Liverpool. He regularly publishes articles on higher education management, and is especially interested in the management of change within higher education, and in the interface between collegiality and managerialism.
- Author(s)David Palfreyman,David Warner
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/1996
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleSociety for Research into Higher Education
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight400 g
- Width61 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.