All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHigher Engineering Science aims to provide students with an understanding of the scientific principles that underpin the design and operation of modern engineering systems. It builds a sound scientific foundation for further study of electronics, electrical engineering and mechanical engineering. The text is ideal for students, including numerous features designed to aid student learning and put theory into practice: * Worked examples with step-by-step guidance and hints * Highlighted key points, applications and practical activities * Self-check questions included throughout the text * Problems sections with full answers supplied Further worked examples, applications, case studies and assignments have also been incorporated into this second edition. Assuming a minimum of prior kwledge, the book has been written to suit courses with an intake from a range of educational backgrounds. The new edition has been designed specifically to cater for the compulsory core Engineering Science unit for HNC and HND qualifications, and updated throughout to match the syllabus of the new BTEC Higher National Engineering schemes from Edexcel. It will also prove ideal for introductory science modules in degree courses.
- Author BiographyW. Bolton has worked in industry, as well as academia as a senior lecturer in a College of Technology, a member of the Nuffield Advanced Physics team, adviser on British Government Aid project to Brazil on technical education, UNESCO consultant in Argentina and Thailand, Head of Research and Development at the Business and Technician Education Council, now retired. He has written many engineering textbooks including: Mechatronics 4th ed., Engineering Science 5th ed., Higher Engineering Science 2nd ed., Mechanical Science 3rd ed., Instrumentation and Control Systems.
- Author(s)Bill Bolton
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/02/2004
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNewnes (an imprint of Butterworth-Heinemann Ltd )
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.