All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKit DesLauriers made history by being the first person to ski from the summit of each continent's highest mountain-after climbing it. Centered on her quest to climb and ski the Seven Summits, Higher Love is a hero's journey, rich with personal insights, life-threatening consequences, and a thrilling crescendo. Spanning seven continents in just two years, this is Kit's personal account of the secret journey that would change her heart and her life forever. From braving Antarctica's bone-chilling temperatures to trudging through an African rain forest, from corn sw on the continental slopes of Australia to blue ice on Everest, Kit leads you up each mountain and gives you a heart-racing ride back down. This candid, fast-paced story shows how inspiration, teamwork and horing our true nature blazes the trail to every summit, on or off the mountain.
- Author BiographyKit DesLauriers is a world-class athlete--sponsored by the outdoor-apparel company The North Face, as well as Dynastar, Smith Sport Optics, Dynafit, and others--but also wife, mother, and woman on a mission to serve the planet by raising awareness of climate change and working to preserve and protect the wild habitats that still exist. In her self-appointed role of planetary park ranger, she's an ambassador for 1% for the Planet, member of Protect Our Winters Riders Alliance, and board member for the American Alpine Club and Keep Yellowstone Nuclear Free. Trained as a Wilderness First Responder and holding a Level Three Avalanche Certification, Kit approaches the mountain environment with great respect. If an observer thinks she is an adrenaline junkie, Kit explains, it's actually a lot more about risk management because I just love being out there. In 2014, Kit made her third expedition to the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. While climbing and skiing the two highest mountains in the remote Brooks Range, she collected scientific GPS data and measurements that were used to answer the geographic question, What is the highest mountain in the US arctic? For this recent merging of adventure and science, as well as for her ongoing career achievements, Kit has been named one of National Geographic's 2015 Adventurers of the Year. She lives in Teton Village, WY, with her husband Rob and their two young daughters.
- Author(s)Kit DesLauriers
- Date of Publication02/04/2015
- SubjectWinter Sports
- Place of PublicationNY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight842 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Foreword byConrad Anker
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.