All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionThe ideal souvenir or gift from a visit to the great storehouse of antiquity. Cairo's Egyptian Museum, one of the greatest storehouses of ancient art and artifacts in the world, is at the top of the agenda for millions of visitors to Egypt every year. People come to see the fabulous gold treasures of King Tutankhamun, the monumental royal statuary, the elaborately painted coffins and funerary masks, the model houses, ships, and armies, the tools, furnishings, and games of everyday life, and all the other paraphernalia of three thousand years of ancient Egyptian civilization. But what to take home from all this? How to remember the highlights of a visit to such a wonderful house of treasure? Here in this light and compact book, Egyptologist extraordinaire Zahi Hawass has collected the very gems of the Museum, illustrated in full color and succinctly described-more than thirty significant objects that stand out in the memory, making the perfect souvenir of one of the world's truly great museums.
- Author BiographyZahi Hawass is the secretary general of Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities and the author of many books on ancient Egypt. Sandro Vannini is an acclaimed photographer who has worked closely with Zahi Hawass over many years, specializing in documenting Egypt's archaeological heritage.
- Author(s)Zahi A. Hawass
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2011
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.