Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.48
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.74
About this product
- DescriptionDr. Ulrich zu Westerheimer is a German-born nuclear physicist working on the American atomic bomb project in Los Alamos. In 1943, he flies to Novosibirsk in Siberia for a meeting with his younger brother, Carl Friedrich, a fanatical Nazi who is also a nuclear physicist. Carl Friedrich was captured at Stalingrad and is to be flown to Hitler's headquarters in East Prussia with a Soviet peace proposal for Hitler. Hidden in the briefcase is a report by Nobel Prize winner Dr. James Chadwick regarding the infeasibility of a plutonium bomb. The report is genuine, but wrong. The Americans want to deceive Hitler with the report. But the NKGB (the Soviet Secret Police) play some deceptive tricks of their own.
- Author BiographyAfter 26 years as a professor at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, Steve Schach, a Cape Town, South Africa native, recently moved to Sydney, Australia. Before he began writing thrillers, Steve wrote 13 best-selling software engineering textbooks, which are used in universities all over the world. Down Under, Steve intended to become a full-time grandfather, and limit his intellectual activities to solving cryptic crossword puzzles and avidly watching Sesame Street with his grandchildren. However, the urge to write proved to be far too strong to overcome. He wrote his first thriller, Old Bach Is Come, and then co-authored a second thriller, Coopers Island, with his wife Sharon Stein. Highly Satisfactory is his third novel published with Nashville-based Wandering in the Words Press.
- Author(s)Steve Schach
- PublisherWandering in the Words Press
- Date of Publication18/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWandering in the Words Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.