All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.55
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe highpoints of the fifty states range from Alaska's 20,320 foot high Mount McKinley to 345 feet at Lakewood Park in Florida. Some highpoints, such as Mount Mitchell in North Carolina and New Hampshire's Mount Washington can be reached by automobile on a sightseeing drive. Others such as Colorado's Mount Elbert or Mount Marcy in New York are accessible as wilderness day hikes. Still others, such as Mount Rainier in Washington or Gannett Peak in Wyoming, are strenuous and risky mountaineering challenges that should be attempted only by experienced climbers. Whatever your level of skill and interest, Highpoints of the United States offers a diverse range of experiences.Arranged alphabetically by state, each listing has a map, photographs, and information on trailhead, main and alternative routes, elevation gain, and conditions. Historical and natural history tes are also included, as are suggestions for specific guidebooks to a region or climb. Appendices include a list of highpoints by region, by elevation, and a personal log for the unashamed peak-bagger. Whether you're an armchair hiker or a seasoned climber, interested only in your state's highest point or all fifty, this book will be an invaluable companion and reference.
- Author BiographyDon W. Holmes is a native Californian who learned to love the outdoors on camping trips as a boy. A charter member of the Highpointers Club, he climbed Mt. McKinley in 1983.
- Author(s)Don Holmes
- PublisherUniversity of Utah Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/05/2000
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationSalt Lake City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Utah Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width154 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.