All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionThis anthology of Lebanese women fiction writers offers a captivating mix of stories by published authors with established reputations, such as Emily Nasrallah, Hanan Sheikh, and Alaweeya Sobh, alongside the narratives of younger women whose voices explore new terrain. Each of the contributors differ in personality, style and creative purpose, tackling subjects from the crippling effects of the civil war in past decades, through longing for romantic adventures in a conservative society, to the functioning of families across the divides of emigration and generational conflict. When viewed together, these voices reflect the rich diversity of the complex multi-cultural society out of which they emerged.
- Author BiographyRoseanne Saad Khalaf is Assistant Professor of English and Creative Writing at the American University of Beirut. Her publications include Once Upon a Time in Lebanon and Transit Beirut: New Writing and Images.
- PublisherTelegram Books
- Date of Publication17/08/2006
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTelegram Books
- Weight222 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byRoseanne Saad Khalaf
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.