All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $23.43
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.55
- AU $45.43Trending at AU $49.38
- AU $45.84Trending at AU $48.23
- AU $18.02Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $36.94
- AU $25.76Trending at AU $32.95
About this product
- DescriptionMichael Palin reads his own entertainingly written account of his journey across the countries of the Himalayas, accompanying a major BBC TV series in 2004. In his most challenging journey to date, Palin tackles the Himalayas, the greatest mountain range on earth. It is a virtually unbroken wall of rock stretching 1800 miles from the borders of Afghanistan to south-west China. Penetrated but never conquered, it remains the world's most majestic natural barrier, a magnificent wilderness that shapes the history and politics of Asia to this day. Having previously risen to the challenge of seas, poles, dhows and deserts, the highest mountains in the world were a natural target for Michael Palin. In a journey rarely, if ever, attempted before, in 6 months of hard travelling, Palin takes on the full length of the Himalaya including the Khyber Pass, the hidden valleys of the Hindu Kush, ancient cities like Peshawar and Lahore, the mighty peaks of K2, Annapurna and Everest, the bleak and barren plateau of Tibet, the gorges of the Yangtze, the tribal lands of the Indo-Burmese border and the vast Brahmaputra delta in Bangladesh. He also passes through political flashpoints including Pakistan's remote rth-west frontier, terrorist-torn Kashmir and the mountains of Nagaland.
- PrizesWinner of British Book Awards: Film & TV Book Award 2005.
- Author(s)Michael Palin
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication04/10/2004
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Weight183 g
- Width139 mm
- Height142 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Read byMichael Palin
- Contained items statement6 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time360
- Edition StatementWW
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.