Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.51Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHinduism is both a way of life and a highly organized social and religious system, but in the modern world its essentials, perhaps more than those of any other major religion, are undergoing a process of redefinition. Professor Zaehner's book traces these concepts through the four-thousand year development of Hinduism, and explains the enduring foundations from which it continues to flourish and grow. This book's great merit is that it conveys the essence of concepts such as moksha, karma and sanatana dharma to the newcomer without over-simplification. It remains a penetrating interpretation of the multiple facets of Hinduism from ancient times to the present day.
- Author BiographyRobert Charles Zaehner (1913-1974) was Spalding Professor of Eastern Religions and Ethics, University of Oxford and a Fellow of All Souls College, Oxford. His publications include The Concise Encyclopaedia of Living Faiths (ed. 1959); Hindu Scriptures (ed./trns 1966); The Bhagavad-Gita (1968); Drugs, Mysticism and Make Believe (1972) and Our Savage God (1974).
- Author(s)R. C. Zaehner
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication22/09/1966
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleOPUS
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford Paperbacks
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight185 g
- Width128 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.