CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.40Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.42
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $13.09
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
About this product
- DescriptionTwo young boys cross a river in the middle of the night. The river is also a border, and their lives depend on this journey. With thing but the clothes on their back, Aryan and his little brother Kabir travel by truck, boat, train, bus and on foot across a Europe they desperately hope will offer them a future they can longer wait for in Afghanistan. Kabul-Tehran-Istanbul-Athens-Rome-Paris-London - this is the route they cling to, the mantra they repeat in their prayers, and the only option they can see before them. Hinterland is the story of two ordinary brothers whose courageous gamble for a better life brings home the devastating human consequences of war.
- Author BiographyCaroline Brothers was born in Australia. She has a PhD in history from University College London and has worked as a foreign correspondent in Europe and Latin America. She currently lives in Paris where she writes for the International Herald Tribune and the New York Times. She has published a book, War and Photography, and also writes short stories. Hinterland is her first novel.
- Author(s)Caroline Brothers
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication03/01/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Out-of-print date25/02/2016
- Weight201 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.