All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
About this product
- DescriptionHispanic Christian Tradition is a rich blend of Native American, Spanish, and Portugese traditions interacting with ancient biblical elements. Gilbert Romero mines the social sciences, contemporary hermeneutics theory, and biblical studies to examine the biblical roots and the lived experience of four devotional exercises important to Hispanic Catholics of the Southwestern United States. Hispanic Devotional Piety discusses the problem of relating rmative biblical revelation and ongoing religious experience. Can such nbiblical devotions as Ash Wednesday, home altars, celebration of the quinceanera, and practice of the Penitentes be squared with scriptural rms ? Is adherence to Hispanic traditions a source of genuine Christian experience or Christo-paganism as some critics have charged? Gilbert Romero is a priest of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, California. He received his PhD from Princeton Theological Seminary, and has done graduate work at Harvard Divinity School and Oxford University. He has also participated in archaeological field excavations in Israel and the West Bank. For many years he has combined pastoral work with biblical study as a disciple and as a teacher. He has written several articles and has lectured and taught at various universities around the country. His last teaching job, before the stroke, was as a visiting professor of Scripture at the Seminario Mayor San Carlos, Trujillo, Peru.
- Author BiographyGilbert Romero is a priest of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, California. He received his PhD from Princeton Theological Seminary, and for many years in dealing with people, he has combined pastoral work with biblical study. He has written several articles and has lectured and taught at various universities around the country. His last teaching job, before retirement, was as a visiting professor of Scripture at the Seminario Mayor de San Carlos, Trujillo, Peru.
- Author(s)C Gilbert Romero Phd
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication18/06/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.