All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe bright side of the 1980s, or the Hispanic decade, as it was dubbed early on, may ironically turn out to be the detail and sophistication with which the ecomic and social reversals affecting most Latis in this period have been tracked, with a fresh cohort of Lati scholars playing an increasingly prominent role in this endeavor. As this volume conveys, these analyses are steadily probing more deeply into the fine grain of the processes bearing on the social conditions of U. S. Latis and particularly into the diversity of the experiences of the several Lati-origin nationalities until recently generally treated in the aggre- gate as Hispanics. Though still fragmented and tentative in perspective, as are the disciplines on which they draw and the research apparatus on which they rest, the quest among these new voices for a unifying perspective also comes across in this collection of essays. There is manifestly more under way here than a simple demand for inclusion of neglected instances on the margin of supposedly well understood larger or mainstream dynamics. The 1990s open with a more confident assertion of the centrality of the Lati presence and Lati actors in the overarching transformations reshaping U. S. society, and especially in the playing out of these restructurings in the regions and cities of Lati concentra- tion.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/05/2013
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleEnvironment, Development and Public Policy: Public Policy and Social Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byClara E. Rodriguez,Edwin Melendez,Janis B. Figueroa
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1991
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.