All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionHistology: An Interactive Virtual Microscope recreates the look and feel of a microscope in an intuitive, browser based interface. Histology is one of the core courses in the curriculum for medicine and allied health professions. It requires both an understanding of the cellular structure of organs and tissues and the ability to recognize tissues at the microscopic level. Traditionally, students have used microscopes to study specimens on glass slides. While extensive practice with the microscope is t essential in the modern health care setting, histology remains an image intensive discipline. To understand the organization and function of tissues requires that students be able to interpret microscopic images. By presenting nested images at increasing magnification, Histology: An Interactive Virtual Microscope provides a sense of scale and proportion that cant be achieved in a standard histology text or atlas. Moreover, the text descriptions and labelled images offer flexibility (students can study at any computer) and opportunities for small group learning (several students can examine the images together), yet provide guidance for independent study.
- Author BiographyRUTH I. WOOD Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California - JOEL E. SCHECHTER Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California
- Author(s)Joel Schechter,Ruth I. Wood
- PublisherSinauer Associates Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication04/11/2002
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSunderland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSinauer Associates Inc.,U.S.
- Weight102 g
- Width166 mm
- Height131 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Contained items statement2 CD-ROMs
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.