All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover over 170 pre-Prohibition cocktail recipes for all occasions! How much do you kw about the glory days of the cocktail before Prohibition and the rich history of alcohol in America? Historic Cocktails uncovers secrets from our colorful past that were almost lost to us due to the Noble Experiment. This picture packed book shares historic cocktail recipes favored by bartenders excellent at their craft. All of the recipes were perfected before Prohibition and may have a few surprises. In fact, some aren't even alcoholic! Learn the secret tricks of an ancient trade and be kwn as the best host in town. Historic Cocktails includes history, photos, terms and definitions, and instructions for both individual cocktails and party sized punches. <b>***The eBook version is full color and includes links to sources for many of the rarer ingredients and other interesting cocktail information.***</b> Be part of restoring cocktails to the prominence they once held by learning the old techniques along with some fascinating history that will take you all over the world. With Historic Cocktails on your bar (or in your kitchen) you'll impress your guests with your kwledge of classic liqueurs and these amazing pre-Prohibition cocktails. ************** Discover over 170 pre-Prohibition cocktail recipes for all occasions! How much do you kw about the rich history of crafting fine drinks in America? Historic Cocktails uncovers secrets from a colorful time which were almost lost to us due to Prohibition. The strict laws against making, moving or selling alcohol between 1920 and 1933 almost eradicated the diverse ingredients in cocktail recipes that were rightly a part of American history. This picture packed book shareshistory, definitions and instructions for both individual cocktails and party sized punches. Mixed drinks of the day employed great artistry, many were created without alcohol, and some common ingredients from a hundred years ago are rare today. Discover old techniques along with the fascinating history of many cocktail ingredients. Would you like to learn about components of a great cocktail such as Angostura bitters, anisette or Benedictine? Absinthe was recently approved for production in the US, but many aren't familiar with how to use it. Absinthe frappe, anyone? With Historic Cocktails on your bar (or in your kitchen) you'll impress your guests with your kwledge of classic liqueurs and these amazingpre-Prohibitioncocktails. Many recipes were actually enjoyed as health tonics, some even included eggs! One example of a nalcoholic cocktail with eggs is the Bombay Cocktail made in a Claret glass using a pony each of olive oil, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Curious w? With Historic Cocktails on your bar (or in your kitchen) you'll impress Look to Historic Cocktails for all this and many more interesting bits to improve your drink making and bar conversation. From a Gibson or Horse Thief Cocktail to Carleton Rickey or Boston Cooler to a Champagne Cobbler, you'll be an expert drink mixer and talk among your friends! With Historic Cocktails on your bar (or in your kitchen) you'll impress All recipes were perfected by pre-Prohibition bartenders excellent at their craft and there are bound to be a few surprises along the way! Learn the secret tricks of an ancient trade and be kwn as the best host in town with Historic Cocktails.
- Author BiographyDawn Irion is a writer, wife, mom, home educator, homesteader and entrepreneur. She currently lives on a farm in east Tennessee with her patent attorney husband, two teenage daughters, and some various cats, dogs, guineas, ducks, turkeys, chickens and cows. She likes animals! That might be why, as a published scientist in animal genetics, she studied modern and ancient dog populations; their genetic history, geographical distribution and relationship to human migration and culture. Dawn has a colorful education and work background. She studied human physiology at the University of California Davis and published several papers in the field of genetics as a UCD staff researcher. She has also worked for NASA, studying the effects of prolonged spaceflight on human physiology. In her travels, she spent a summer on a costal mission south of Lima, Peru and toured Machu Picchu. She is currently the owner and operator of Cat In Hat Co., the parent company for her book imprint Cat in Hat Books and her graphic design company, Cat in Hat Design which offers website and graphic design. Dawn's switch from scientific writing to prose started with a desire to help her daughter Kaiya, a writer in her own right, navigate the Indie publishing industry. Along the way, she found she had several books of her own she wished to write. Her book Historic Cocktails explores the fascinating history and recipes of pre-Prohibition cocktails-recipes almost lost due to the Noble Experiment. She is currently working on a homestead related series titled Little Farm Secrets, which are books of short stories intended for people of any age who love farm life, whether or not they homestead themselves. The first book in the series, titled A Little Chicken Secret, should be available in early summer.
- Author(s)Dawn Irion
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.