All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $43.44Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $73.39
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.09
About this product
- DescriptionThe history of the Long Beach Police Department documents the ten City Marshall's and twenty five persons who served as Chief of Police. The stories of the early members of the department who played a vital part in the history, include: Fanny Bixby, Thomas C Borden, Theo Cervantes, Earl Daugherty, Fred Kutz, Robert O'Rourke, Grace Reinhardt and the Resuch brothers. The modern history began with Chief Dovey in 1949 and Chief Mooney in 1960. In 1969 the 1st Annual Police Awards Luncheon was held and Wayne Clarke & James Fontaine received the departments 1st Medal of Valor (39 officers have w received the award in 43 Award Ceremonies). Twenty seven officers have also given their life for the department and received the Medal of Hor from Thomas C. Borden in 1912 through Earl Davenport who died in 2003. Heavily illustrated with rare photographs, Historic Police Department, Long Beach, California covers the department from the beginning up to and including 2012 and includes the names of over 4,000 police and civilian employees that worked for the department.
- Author BiographyThe author Russell R. Bradford (LBPD Handwriting Examiner 1961-1985), began research of the book in 2009. Assisting Bradford with the research was Todd Houser and the Long Beach Police Historical Society (www.lbphs.org). The mission of the society is to collect, preserve and exhibit the history of the Long Beach Police Department.
- Author(s)Long Beach Police Historical Society,Russell R Bradford
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication25/07/2013
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight940 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.