All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionFew reference works are as valuable to both scholars and n-scholars as a historical atlas. Therefore, The Historical Atlas of West Virginia will be an important title for libraries, schools, and every West Virginian who wants to understand how historical forces are mapped onto the state's terrain. This atlas also shows how the distribution of natural resources intersects with various means of distribution. Frank Riddel's The Historical Atlas of West Virginia is copiously illustrated with maps, tables, and charts depicting everything from geological deposits and strata that have fed the state's industries to the settlement patterns of the immigrants who settled in West Virginia. Using federal and state statistics, it also includes revelations from the national census figures since 1790.
- Author BiographyFrank S. Riddel is originally from St. Mary's, West Virginia and has undergraduate and master's degrees from Marshall University and a doctoral degree from The Ohio State University, USA. He has co-authored two books published by the West Virginia Historical Education Foundation. West Virginia Government was published in 1983 and American Government: The USA and West Virginia was published in 1990. He is currently an emeritus professor of history at Marshall University where he has continued to teach West Virginia History since his retirement in 2005.
- Author(s)Frank S. Riddel
- PublisherWord Vision Publishing
- Date of Publication30/10/2008
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNewport
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWord Vision Publishing
- Content Notemaps
- Weight1238 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.