Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionAnyone who has seen the stunning ruins at Angkor, Bagan, and Barabudur will readily understand why Southeast Asia is the host of so many United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization World Heritage Sites. As beautiful as the spiraling towers, intricate carvings, and delicate bas-reliefs adorning these monuments are, however, they just barely scratch the surface of the immense historical and cultural heritage of the region. Covering the countries of Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam during the period from the first to the fifteenth century, the Historical Dictionary of Ancient Southeast Asia helps us comprehend the vast and complex history of the region through a chrology, a glossary, a bibliography, an introduction, appendixes, maps, photographs, diagrams, and hundreds of cross-referenced dictionary entries on the major (and many mir) sites, the more significant historical figures, the kingdoms they ruled over, the ecomic and social relations between them, and the artistic, cultural, and religious context.
- Author BiographyJohn N. Miksic is Associate Professor in the Southeast Asian Studies Programme, National University of Singapore.
- Author(s)John Norman Miksic
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication21/12/2006
- SubjectAncient History
- Series TitleHistorical Dictionaries of Ancient Civilizations & Historical Eras
- Series Part/Volume Number18
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight889 g
- Width147 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine40 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.