All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionFormerly a part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and situated in the very heart of Central Europe, modern-day Hungary is bordered by Austria, Romania, Serbia, Croatia, Slovakia, Ukraine and Slovenia. Hungary's ecomy and educational base are among the strongest in Central Europe, and its post-Communist struggle to move to a market ecomy is being strongly encouraged by the U.S. and the nations of Western Europe. One of the most vibrant and historically fascinating (and complex) areas of the world, Hungary and the forces that have shaped her current political framework are a timely focus for this needed work. The Historical Dictionary of Hungary provides a handy resource to this small European country, examining the key events, people and places crucial to its history. An extensive introduction leads the reader through the origins of the Hungarians in the Magyar people up to the present-day post-communist period. A listing of heads of state is provided, along with abbreviations and acronyms, maps, a chrology and a glossary of geographical terms. Entries describe important dates and figures in Hungarian history, and refer to related entries, thus providing the researcher with a solid background from which to continue research. The substantial bibliography lists relevant books and articles for further reading. A must for any public or university library.
- Author BiographySteven Bela Vardy, Ph.D., is a Professor of European History at Duquesne University, Director of Duquesne University History Forum, President of the American Association for the Study of Hungarian History, and Vice President of the International Association of Hungarian Historians. He is the author or co-author of over a dozen books and nearly 300 articles, chapters, essays and reviews.
- Author(s)Steven Bela Vardy
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/04/1997
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleHistorical Dictionaries of Europe
- Series Part/Volume Number18
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content NoteMaps
- Weight1135 g
- Width142 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine51 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.