All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2003, Methodists celebrated the 300th anniversary of the birth of their founder, John Wesley. Today, there are more than 300 Methodist deminations in 140 nations. Covering the activities of this group that plays an important role in the ecumenical movement through its many social and charitable activities in world affairs, this book offers more than 400 entries that describe important events, doctrines, and the church founders, leaders, and other prominent figures who have made table contributions. It also includes: a list of commonly used acronyms, chrology of historical events, introductory essay on the history of Methodism, 15-page black-and-white photo spread, bibliography, listing of important libraries and depositories of Methodist materials. The impressive list of contributors includes more than 60 specialists who are academics, administrators, pastors, and theologians.
- Author BiographyCharles Yrigoyen, Jr. is General Secretary for the General Commission on Archives and History with the United Methodist Church. He teaches history and theology at Drew University and Union Theological Seminary (NY), and has authored and co-authored several publications, including John Wesley: Holiness of Heart and Life. He is on the Board of Directors of the Wesley Works Editorial Project. Susan E. Warrick is Assistant General Secretary of the General Commission on Archives and History, The United Methodist Church in Madison, NJ.
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication16/03/2005
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleHistorical Dictionaries of Religions, Philosophies, and Movements Series
- Series Part/Volume Number57
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight676 g
- Width154 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byProfessor Charles Yrigoyen,Susan E. Warrick
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.