All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis revised edition of the Historical Dictionary of Saudia Arabia provides essential data and guidance on the modern development of the country, as well as on its origins, traditions, and history. Recently updated to cover developments that have occurred since 1993, the entries define: o Geographic features o Leading personalities o Families and tribes o Cities and regions o Arabic words and phrases o Islamic termilogy and rituals Fully cross-referenced and supplemented by maps, genealogical charts, extensive chrology, and bibliography.
- Author BiographyDr. J.E. Peterson has taught at various universities and has written Oman in the Twentieth Century, Yemen: The Search for a Modern State, Defending Arabia, and The Arab Gulf States: Steps Towards Political Participation, among other books. At present, he is completing a history of the armed forces of the Sultanate of Oman and writing a comparative study of state-building in all the states of the Arabian Peninsula.
- Author(s)Dr. J. E. Peterson,Jon Woronoff
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/06/2003
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleHistorical Dictionaries of Asia, Oceania and the Middle East
- Series Part/Volume Number45
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note3 maps, footnotes, bibliography, chronology
- Weight567 g
- Width160 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.