All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.90Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionSydney has for much of its history been regarded as a relative backwater. Australia was far removed from the center of the British Empire and the British Commonwealth. It was considered peripheral by Europe and by the United States, and somewhat of an amaly by Asia. Recently this has all changed. Australia has become increasingly culturally and commercially oriented toward Asia and the 2000 Sydney Olympics has thrust the city into the international spotlight. This historical dictionary is t a guide book, but it provides an overall view of the city, its history, its culture, and it's people. There are historical and current sketches of major areas and geographic features and an overview of table institutions and architectural works. The chrology is an excellent reference and overview. It also includes a broad and wide-ranging bibliography of literature.
- Author BiographyArt Emerson is a subject specialist for Australia at the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C. He also served a year-long stint as an exchange librarian at the State Library of New South Wales, Australia.
- Author(s)Arthur Emerson
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication10/09/2001
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleHistorical Dictionaries of Cities, States, and Regions
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note15 illustrations, bibliography
- Weight830 g
- Width146 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.