All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition, which first provides an overview of the country in the introduction, traces the long and complicated history in the chrology and goes into much greater detail in the dictionary. Offering 64 new entries, as well as updates and revisions to older ones, the dictionary presents important persons, places, institutions, and more in an easily accessible resource. Significant recent events are discussed including the 1997-98 Thai ecomic crisis and its effects, reforms of the national government, and the growth in political roles of both businessman and other middle class members. In addition, the book updates basic information relative to population growth, urbanization, and industrialization of the ecomy. All this is topped off by a solid bibliography making this an essential reference tool.
- Author BiographyHarold E. Smith is Emeritus Professor of Sociology at Northern Illinois University. He authored the Historical Dictionary and Cultural Dictionary of Thailand and co-authored the Historical Dictionary of Thailand. Gayla S. Nieminen studied the Thai language in Bangkok and does research and technical writing for educational agencies at the local, intermediate and state level. The late May Kyi Win served as curator of the Donn V. Hart Southeast Asia Collection at Northern Illinois University, co-authored the Historical Dictionary of Thailand, and she was also the editor of the Bulletin of the Burma Studies Group.
- Author(s)Gayla S. Nieminen,Harold E. Smith,May Kyi Win
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication04/10/2005
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleHistorical Dictionaries of Asia, Oceania and the Middle East
- Series Part/Volume Number55
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Notemaps
- Weight712 g
- Width197 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.