Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe Historical Dictionary of the Carter Era covers the history of the Carter presidency through a chrology, an introductory essay, appendixes, an extensive bibliography. The dictionary section has several hundred cross-referenced entries on important personalities, including the president, his advisors, his family, his opponents, and his critics, as well as members of Congress, military leaders, and international leaders. This book is a vital reference tool for any researcher interested in the presidency of Jimmy Carter.
- Author BiographyDiane Kaufman has served on the board of Scholastic Books and was a reference librarian at the Manhattan (Kansas) Public Library. At the Newman Library of Virginia Tech, she was head of conservation. She has also headed the Western College Memorial Archives at Miami University of Ohio. With her husband, she was co-author of the Historical Dictionary of the Eisenhower Era. Scott Kaufman is a Professor of History and Co-Director of the Robert E. McNair Center for Government and History at Francis Marion University, where he teaches American diplomatic and military history. He has long specialized in the Carter era, producing three books on it, among them Plans Unraveled: The Foreign Policy of the Carter Administration and The Presidency of James Earl Carter, Jr.
- Author(s)Diane Kaufman,Scott Kaufman
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2000
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleHistorical Dictionaries of U.S. Politics and Political Eras
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note14 black & white halftones
- Weight617 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.