Historical Dictionary of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia by Zeljan Suster (Hardback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $152.07+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $69.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionA great deal of attention from international journalists, negotiators, and politicians has been directed toward the region comprising the former Yugoslavia. The civil strife that followed the fragmentation of Yugoslavia was a vivid reminder of exactly how unstable and violent the new world order could become. The Federal Republic of Yugoslavia remains the largest and most populous successor state to Socialist Yugoslavia. This fact alone makes the new Yugoslavia an important player in Balkan relations. Therefore, this volume on the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia is key to understanding the future of this region, and Europe as a whole. Rather than an exclusive history of the current Yugoslav state, it is a broad-based reference book of the cultural factors and events, people and institutions, that lent shape to Serbian and Yugoslav culture, and hence the origins of the current situation that too often may be found on the nightly news. Suster has weighed the views t just of historians, but also of political scientists, art historians, ecomists, artists, and other specialists, providing the reader with a full and complete sense of Serbian culture. An extensive chrology is included to provide a broad introduction. The Statistical Annex, a wonderfully helpful reference feature, places essential figures and data in one location. Additionally, a number of maps and tables illustrate the geography and provide a visual perspective of various entries, and the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia in general. Also included are usage tes of on the Cyrillic alphabet and latinization of Serbian words, as well as lists of abbreviations and acronyms. The book concludes with a comprehensive bibliography subdivided by topic.
- Author BiographyZeljan Suster (Ph.D., University of Belgrade), professor and Chair of the Department of Economics and Finance at the University of New Haven, has lived most of his life in Yugoslavia. He has published extensively in areas as diverse as finance, economic history, and international political economy.
- Author(s)Zeljan Suster
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication06/10/1999
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleHistorical Dictionaries of Europe
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 29
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Notemaps, tables, bibliography
- Weight708 g
- Width147 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.