Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionThe Reformation of the 16th century has always been seen as one of the pivotal events in European history. Lord Acton, the famous 19th-century British historian, compared the importance of Martin Luther's speech at the diet at Worms in 1521 with Napoleon's defeat at the Battle of Waterloo in 1813. Lord Acton's may or may t be an extravagant claim, but it is certainly true that the events of the 16th and 17th centuries, w called the Reformation and Counter-Reformation, changed forever the religious and political history of the West. The Historical Dictionary of the Reformation and Counter-Reformation provides a one-volume, balanced, alternative to the overwhelming amounts of literature on the events of the time and the theological and political debates that spawned those events.
- Author BiographyHANS J. HILLERBRAND (Ph.D., University of Erlangen, Germany) is Professor of Religion and of History at Duke University. He is a specialist on the history of the Protestant Reformation. He has served as the president of the American Society for Reformation Research and of the American Society of Church History and as a member of the Council of the American Academy of Religion. He has taught at the City University of New York and Southern Methodist University and has been visiting professor at several German universities. His publications include the general editorship of the four-volume Oxford Encyclopedia of the Reformation, published in 1996, and a large number of articles in professional journals dealing with general issues of the Reformation and its radical fringe.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/08/2000
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFitzroy Dearborn Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byHans J. Hillerbrand
- Volume editorJohn Woronoff
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.