All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other
Save on Other
- AU $76.46Trending at AU $77.53
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $29.23
- AU $41.34Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $57.48Trending at AU $86.66
- AU $27.84Trending at AU $32.39
- AU $34.05Trending at AU $42.31
- AU $41.41Trending at AU $42.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe Korean Peninsula lies at the strategic heart of East Asia, between China, Russia, and Japan, and has been influenced in different ways and at different times by all three of them. Across the Pacific lies the United State, which has also had a major influence on the peninsula since the first encounters in the mid-nineteenth century. Faced by such powerful neighbors, the Koreans have had to struggle hard to maintain their political and cultural identity. The result has been to create a fiercely independent people. If they have from time to time been divided, the pressures towards unification have always proved strong. This third edition of Historical Dictionary of the Republic of Korea covers its history through a chrology, an introductory essay, appendixes, and an extensive bibliography. The dictionary section has over 500 cross-referenced entries on important personalities, politics, ecomy, foreign relations, religion, and culture. This book is an excellent access point for students, researchers, and anyone wanting to kw more about the Republic of Korea.
- Author BiographyJames E. Hoare retired from the British Foreign Service as a Research Counselor in 2003. He is now a writer, broadcaster, and occasional teacher.
- Author(s)James E. Hoare
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication09/06/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleHistorical Dictionaries of Asia, Oceania and the Middle East
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 4 maps, 2 tables
- Weight1080 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.