Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionHaving evolved over the past two and a quarter centuries to become the premier military force in the world, the U.S. Army has a heritage rich in history and tradition. This historical dictionary provides short, clear, authoritative entries on a broad cross section of military terms, concepts, arms and equipment, units and organizations, campaigns and battles, and people who have had a significant impact on Army. It includes over 900 entries written by some 100 scholars, providing a valuable resource for the interested reader, student, and researcher. For those interested in pursuing specific subjects further, the book provides sources at the end of each entry as well as a general bibliography. Appendixes provide a useful list of abbreviations and acronyms and a listing of ranks and grades in the U.S. Army.
- Author BiographyJEROLD E. BROWN is currently Associate Professor and Fellow of the Combat Studies Institute of the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College at Fort Leavenworth./e He teaches the evolution of modern warfare and is one of the Institute's experts on the U.S. Army. He has published extensively on military subjects.
- Author(s)Jerold E. Brown
- Date of Publication30/12/2000
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1162 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.