All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost approaches to historical theology follow Christian beliefs chrologically, discussing table doctrinal developments for all areas of theology according to their historical appearance. And while this may be good history, it can make for confusing theology, with the classic theological loci scattered throughout various time periods, movements, and controversies. The Historical Theology Pack by Gregg Allison offers students the opportunity to study the historical development of theology according to a topical-chrological arrangement, setting out the history of Christian doctrine one theological element at a time. Such an approach allows learners to concentrate on one tenet of Christian theology and its formulation in the early church, through the Middle Ages, Reformation, and post-Reformation era, and into the modern period. The Historical Theology Pack includes: *Historical Theology, a bestselling textbook arranged in a topical-chrological manner and including a generous mix of primary source material, citing the words of Cyprian, Augustine, Aquinas, Luther, Calvin, Barth, and others. *Historical Theology Video Lectures, featuring a video lecture for each of the 33 chapters in the textbook The Historical Theology Pack contains everything you need to gain an in-depth understanding of history of Christian doctrine, whether you are enrolled in a class or learning on your own.
- Author BiographyGregg Allison (PhD) is Professor of Christian Theology at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky where he teaches systematic theology. Previously he served on Cru staff at the University of Notre Dame and overseas in Italy and the Italian-speaking region of Switzerland. He is a pastor of Sojourn Community Church, and is the theological strategist for Sojourn Network, a church planting network of about thirty churches. He is the author of Historical Theology: An Introduction to Christian Doctrine; Sojourners and Strangers: The Doctrine of the Church; and Roman Catholic Theology and Practice: An Evangelical Assessment.
- Author(s)Gregg Allison
- Date of Publication20/09/2016
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- Weight1722 g
- Width203 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine76 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.14
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $43.44Trending at AU $44.45
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.33
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.