All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Levinthal's latest series, History, is a culmination of his work over the last three-and-a-half decades. Like his previous series, it speaks to the way in which imagery derived from the mass media infiltrates memory, imagination, and identity. With vintage toy figurines and play sets he finds through his w long-established network of toy sellers and collectors, he creates elaborate scenes based on well kwn scenes from European history.
- Author BiographyDavid Levinthal (b. in San Francisco 1949) lives and works in New York. Levinthal, a central figure in American postmodern photography, has staged tableaux using toys and miniature dioramas for nearly 40 years. He has produced a diverse oeuvre, utilizing primarily large-format Polaroid photography.His work is included in many collections in Europe and America. Lisa Hostetler, PhD, is Curator-in-Charge of its Department of Photography at George Eastman House, Rochester, NY. Hostetler was previously curator of photographs at the Milwaukee Art Museum for seven years. Dave Hickey works as art critic, writer and curator in New York. He has published several books, e.g.The Invisible Dragon: Four Essays on Beauty (1993/2009) and Air Guitar: Essays on Art & Democracy (1997).
- PublisherKehrer Verlag
- Date of Publication20/08/2015
- Place of PublicationHeidelberg
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintKehrer Verlag
- Content Note75
- Weight1581 g
- Width240 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Photographer(s)David Levinthal
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.