All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the catalog of a joint exhibition by the two New York artists Andrea Geyer and Sharon Hayes. It also features dialogues with a number of central artists in the field of feminist enquiry.Andrea Geyer was the prime discovery at documenta XII. In quietly revealing works made up of both image and text, photographs are combined with historical data, news, and fictional travel reports.Sharon Hayes explores social realities by searching for historical parallels. She always chooses themes that have inscribed themselves in US history, with traumatic consequences. Hayes is included in the Whitney Biennial 2010.
- Author BiographyAndrea Geyer: (*1971 in Freiburg, Germany) was the prime discovery at documenta XII with her Spiral Lands I. In quietly revealing works made up of both image and text, photographs are combined with historical data, news and fictional travel reports. Geyer has exhibited at the Cooper Union, New York; P.S.1 Contemporary Art Center, NY; MOMA, New York; REDCAT (Roy and Edna Disney/Calarts Theater), Los Angeles, CA; Whitney Museum of Amerian Art, New York; TATE Modern, London, among many. Currently she is Assistant Professor at Parsons, the New School for Design.www.andreageyer.com Sharon Hayes: (*1970 in Baltimore) explores social realities by searching for historical parallels. She always chooses themes that have inscribed themselves in US history, with traumatic consequences. Hayes' installation, video and performance work has been shown at P.S. 1 Museum of Contemporary Art, Andrew Kreps Gallery, Parlour Projects, the Whitney Museum of American Art's Independent Study Program, Dance Theater Workshop, Dixon Place, HERE, Performance Space 122, the Joseph Papp Public Theater and the WOW Cafe and the New Museum of Contemporary Art in New York and at Los Angeles Contemporary Exhibitions, Track 16, Gallery 2102 and The Project in Los Angeles. In addition she has shown in galleries, exhibition or performance spaces in Bogota, Berlin, Copenhagen, Malmo, Vienna and Zagreb as well as in California, Florida, Rhode Island, Texas, and Vermont, and in 45 lesbian living rooms across the United States. Hayes was a 1999 MacDowell Colony Fellow. She also received a 1999 New York Foundation for the Arts Fellowship. She was a participant in the Whitney Museum of American Art's Independent Study Program, 1999-2000 and received an MFA from the Interdisciplinary Studio at UCLA's Department of Art in 2003. 2007 she received the Louis Comfort Tiffany Foundation Fellowship Art Matters grant. She is currently Assistant Professor at the Cooper Union.www.shaze.info Konrad Bitterli: is curator at the Kunstmuseum (Art Museum) St. Gallen, Switzerland. Stina Edblom: is curator at Goteborg's Konsthall (Art Museum), Sweden.
- PublisherKehrer Verlag
- Date of Publication17/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintKehrer Verlag
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight617 g
- Width212 mm
- Height295 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.