All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionCanical but controversial works of radical modernism, John Dos Passos' vels continue to intrigue readers and challenge literary critics with their unique styles and provocative messages. This book offers an insightful and refreshing perspective on his fictional world, exploring the historical vision and utopian aspirations of his early vels in light of their dialectical politics in narrating modern American society. History and Utopian Disillusion convincingly shows that Dos Passos' epic-scale project is a radical hymn of faith dialectically inspiring the utopian resolution of American history by presenting entropic despair and disillusionment.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Jun Young Lee is Full-Time Lecturer of English Education at Yeungnam University, South Korea. He received his Ph.D. in English literature from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He is also the author of numerous articles on John Dos Passos.
- Author(s)Jun Young Lee
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleStudies on Themes and Motifs in Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number86
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight420 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.