THE STAINED GLASS WINDOWS IN THE CHURCH As the Trustees and board members of the Canton First Methodist Church were planning the construction and decoration of the new Church building in 1926, they looked for an artist for the Stained Glass Windows. The outstanding artist in Atlanta for leaded stained Glass windows was Joseph V. Llorens. He had already designed the windows in many churches in the area. He was contacted and designed the windows along with F.J Cooledge and Sons for the actual window construction. After he designed the windows, he was commissioned to remake the Cyclorama in Atlanta and added the foreground and refurbished the painting during the depression recovery commissioned by the CCC. He was called on again to make the Good Shepherd Window in 1945. The first service in the new church building was held on May 2, 1926 with the Rev. E. C. Wilson as pastor.