All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionHistoric Districts in the United States w number over 8,000; the phemen of the Historic District has been of special interest to those concerned with historic preservation and town planning, but there has been analysis of such districts' significance from a historian's point of view. History in Urban Places explores the connections between American urban history and historic preservation. Hamer argues that four stages of history are represented by historic districts. The first is the history that the district actually embodies; the second is the story of what happened to the district from the time the historically significant events occurred until the present, when those events are judged to be significant; the third is the process leading to the district's classification as historic; and the fourth is the history of the district once the designation is official.
- Author(s)David Hamer
- PublisherOhio State University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/1998
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleUrban Life & Urban Landscape S.
- Place of PublicationColumbus, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOhio State University Press
- Content Note20 illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.