All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
About this product
- DescriptionHistory of American Education Primer depicts the evolution of American educational history from 1630 to the present. The book highlights how ideological managers have shaped society and, because schools mirror society, have thus had a profound impact on education and schooling. Five common areas of study - philosophy, politics, ecomics, social sciences, and religion - are used to trace the development of both society and schooling in the United States. Readers will identify t only trends and movements in society and schooling, but also how they logically unfold over time. Furthermore, they will gain a keen insight as to why trends and movements in education have occurred in the past and how they connect to the present. This book is a valuable resource for undergraduate and graduate courses in educational foundations, social foundations, educational history, critical issues, schools and politics, schools and society, philosophical foundations, and religious foundations of American schooling.
- Author BiographyThe Author: David Boers earned his Ed.D. in secondary education, higher education, and educational administration at Ball State University. He is currently Professor of Graduate Educational Studies in the School of Education at Marian College. Boers has written five books and has published numerous articles in his two main areas of interest: educational history and disadvantaged populations. In addition, he has delivered countless presentations across the country at national, state, and local conferences, workshops, and staff development programs. Boers is passionate about engaging in critical discourse regarding social justice, the human condition, and related areas of existential thinking.
- Author(s)David Boers
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2007
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight230 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.