All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionHistory of American Political Thought is a unique one-volume companion to the study of American political thought that provides concise introductions to the most important and influential thinkers in American history, of all political persuasions from all time periods. The editors have assembled many of the nation's best scholars in political thought to present portraits of the American statesmen, activists, and writers who have had a truly significant and lasting influence on American political life. In short and accessible essays on such statesmen as George Washington and Franklin Roosevelt, writers like James Fenimore Cooper and Mark Twain, and activists such as W.E.B. DuBois and Betty Friedan, the authors describe each figure's historical context and achievements, present a thorough analysis of their most table writings and speeches, and highlight the significance of their work to our political heritage. History of American Political Thought t only provides a valuable resource for reference and research for students and scholars alike; it also displays the very tapestry of a growing country, woven through with the invations in thought that have shaped and challenged-and continue to challenge-America's understanding of itself.
- Author BiographyBryan-Paul Frost is the James A. and Kaye L. Crocker Endowed Professor in Political Science as well as Adjunct Professor in the Department of Philosophy at the University of Louisiana. Jeffrey Sikkenga is Assistant Professor of Politcal Science at Ashland University. He is also an adjunct fellow at the John M. Ashbrook Center for Public Affairs.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication24/06/2003
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Series TitleApplications of Political Theory
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1770 g
- Width182 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byBryan-Paul Frost,Jeffrey Sikkenga
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.