Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionNew York Times Bestseller The History of Fly-Fishing in Fifty Flies recounts the history of a sport that dates back 2,000 years, focusing on milestone flies from the first feathered hook to contemporary patterns using cutting-edge materials. Among the countless fly patterns created over the centuries, these 50 have been carefully chosen to represent the development t only of the flies themselves, but also of fly-fishing techniques--and of rods, lines, and reels. These iconic flies also chart the spread of this addictive sport from its modern origins on the chalk streams of southern England and the rivers of Scotland to the U.S., Europe, South America, Australia, and w to every country in the world. Filled with profiles of the key characters involved, tying tips, photographs and illustrations of the flies, and detailed explanations of the techniques used to fish them, The History of Fly-Fishing in Fifty Flies is a fascinating companion to the evolution of this fascinating sport.
- Author BiographyIan Whitelaw, a freelance writer based in British Columbia, has been a regular contributor of articles to fly-fishing websites and magazines and has been the contributing editor on more than a dozen books on fishing for major publishers.
- Author(s)Ian Whitelaw
- PublisherHarry N. Abrams
- Date of Publication07/04/2015
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width175 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.