All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom unstable and frightening machines, helicopters have evolved into incredibly sophisticated aircraft that can fly forward, backward, sideways and, of course, hover. This fully illustrated volume explores the history and evolution of these fascinating aircraft, from the earliest pioneers to the powerful machines of today. Topics include helicopter visionaries, World War II, Air Sea Rescue, gyrodynes, the Vietnam War, Operation Desert Storm and US presidential helicopters. The book also examines technical features such as the cockpit, rotor systems and night vision. With over 200 superb photographs accompanying the lively text, this volume is a must for all aircraft enthusiasts.
- Author BiographyFrancis Crosby led the Marketing Department at the Imperial War Museum's branch atDuxford, England. He then established a marketing and business development consultancy, and works with visitor attractions as well as heritage and cultural organizations around the world.
- Author(s)Francis Crosby
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication10/11/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight444 g
- Width219 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.