All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
About this product
- DescriptionCypriot pollitics are among the most contentious in Europe, and frequently attract the attention of the international community. Here, Yians Katsourides traces the historical development of the Cypriot party system, and in particular the growth of the Communist Party, w kwn as AKEL- the first formally organised political party on the island. The party was a political movement with a specific programme for radical reform that conficted both with the British Empire and the local establishment. It was treated with hostility and declared illegal. Based on new archival research, Katsorides addresses the social, religious, ecomic and political environment in which communist and working class politics existed on the island, and locates them within the context of a country connected inextricably with Turkey, Great Britain and Greece. This book will be of significant interest to anyone interested in the history of Cyprus, European communist movements or British colonialism and diplomacy in the Mediterranean.
- Author BiographyYiannos Katsourides holds a PhD in Political Science from the University of Cyprus and is currently Research Fellow at the Institute of Commonwealth Studies, University of London. He lives and works in London.
- Author(s)Yiannos Katsourides
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/06/2014
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight476 g
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.