All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.12Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionReconstruction and Reunion, 1864-1888, Part 1A is the first part of the sixth volume of the Oliver Wendell Holmes Devise History of the Supreme Court of the United States. In these volumes, Charles Fairman examines the activity of the Supreme Court during the tenure of Chief Justice Salmon P. Chase, considering issues of procedure, doctrine, technicalities of pleading, and the precedents and consequences of the Court's work. The first of the two volumes is devoted to judicial politics and the internal history of the Court during the politically and constitutionally turbulent Reconstruction period. Discussions of specific cases as they relate to the constitutional issues that stemmed from the war's conduct contribute to an overall picture of the Supreme Court's role in Reconstruction and its relationship to presidential and congressional Reconstruction policies.
- Author BiographyCharles Fairman (1897-1988) was Professor of Law, Emeritus, at Harvard Law School. He was the author of numerous articles and books, including The Law of Martial Rule (1930), and Mr. Justice Miller and the Supreme Court (1939). In 1948 he published his casebook, American Constitutional Decisions; and a year later, he published his classic article, 'Does the Fourteenth Amendment Incorporate the Bill of Rights?'
- Author(s)Charles Fairman
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/11/2009
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Series TitleOliver Wendell Holmes Devise History of the Supreme Court of the United States
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note16 b/w illus.
- Weight1120 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine41 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.