All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBooks containing words of one syllable proliferated in the late nineteenth century as a way to teach children to read. Today, these books still serve that purpose and are very popular with homeschoolers and parents as a way to promote reading. In this popular book from 1884, one-syllable words tell the history of the struggles and triumphs of the United States, touching on historic highlights from the land's sighting by Norsemen, through the times of the Pilgrims, and the Indian, Revolutionary and Civil Wars. Patriotic, informative, and historical, with multi-syllable words broken up into single syllables, this children's book remains a useful educational tool for teaching American history. Author Josephine Pollard wrote several one-syllable history books for children, as well as numerous juvenile biblical stories. Her History of the United States includes half a dozen illustrations of key events, and can be appreciated by book-lovers and history-lovers of any age.
- Author(s)Josephine Pollard
- PublisherApplewood Books
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintApplewood Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width150 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Children & YA Non-Fiction
Save on Children & YA Non-Fiction
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $6.31Trending at AU $6.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.