All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince Spring 2013, Francesca Hornak has been writing a hugely popular column in the Sunday Times Style section, 'History of the World in 100 Modern Objects'. Featuring a different iconic object each week, the column explores contemporary middle-class life through the objects we fetishise. Each column is a little vignette about a different character, such as Izzy, who's 26 and interns at Kelly Hoppen and gets into a spat with her flatmate about a twee Oliver Bonas cake stand, Nick, 40, who's considering the safety aspects of his children's bike trailer and remembering his old DJing days, and Philippa, 64, who's tussling with her Sky TV remote after her divorce. Funny, charming and sometimes poignant, each column is an evocative slice of modern life. The columns are accompanied by crisp, colourful illustrations by the illustrator James Joyce, which make the book into a design object itself.
- Author BiographyFrancesca Hornak is a journalist and writer. She currently writes the History of the World in 100 Modern Objects column in the Sunday Times Style section.
- Author(s)Francesca Hornak
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- Content Note100 colour illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width135 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.