Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.28
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $25.81
- AU $81.80Trending at AU $84.91
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $7.80Trending at AU $8.36
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.79
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.45
About this product
- DescriptionIn her first full-length nfiction title since winning the Robert F. Sibert Award, Susan Campbell Bartoletti explores the riveting and often chilling story of Germany's powerful Hitler Youth groups. I begin with the young. We older ones are used up . . . But my magnificent youngsters! Look at these men and boys! What material! With them, I can create a new world. --Adolf Hitler, Nuremberg 1933 By the time Hitler became Chancellor of Germany in 1933, 3.5 million children belonged to the Hitler Youth. It would become the largest youth group in history. Susan Campbell Bartoletti explores how Hitler gained the loyalty, trust, and passion of so many of Germany's young people. Her research includes telling interviews with surviving Hitler Youth members.
- Author BiographySusan Campbell Bartoletti is the award-winning and critically acclaimed author of many books, both fiction and nonfiction, for children. Her fiction includes the novels THE BOY WHO DARED, Dear America: A COAL MINER'S BRIDE, and NO MAN'S LAND, as well as a number of picture books. She won the Newbery Honor for her nonfiction book HITLER'S YOUTH. A former eighth-grade teacher for eighteen years, Bartoletti now writes full-time and lives in Pennsylvania with her family.
- Author(s)Susan Campbell Bartoletti
- PublisherScholastic US
- Date of Publication01/06/2005
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholastic US
- Out-of-print date03/12/2009
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight975 g
- Width262 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.