All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter almost four decades in the music business, David Foster -- producer, arranger, songwriter, performer -- is finally ready to talk. In this compelling and outspoken memoir, Foster shares some of his incredible stories: the first time he met Barbra Streisand, as a young session player in Los Angeles; his first of 15 Grammys(R) for After the Love Has Gone, Earth, Wind & Fire's memorable hit; the making of Unison, Celine Dion's English-language debut; the challenges he faced on his way to putting the group Chicago back on the charts; his award-winning contribution to Unforgettable: With Love, Natalie Cole's comeback album; those back-to-back recording sessions with Madonna and Michael Jackson; and the incredible chain of events that spawned Whitney Houston's historic blockbuster, I Will Always Love You. Foster has worked with superstars of every decade, including: Celine Dion - Josh Groban - Whitney Houston - Michael Buble - Barbra Streisand - Andrea Bocelli - Madonna - Michael Jackson - Natalie Cole - George Harrison - Earth, Wind & Fire - *NSYNC - Chicago - Paul McCartney - All-4-One - Katharine McPhee - Toni Braxton - Alice Cooper - Olivia Newton-John - Michael Bolton ...and many more. From his unique and privileged vantage point, Foster describes the delicate balancing act between artist and producer, offers revealing portraits of some of those artists at work, and shares his secrets for success in the maddeningly fickle music industry. At its heart, this is the story of a boy with perfect pitch who grew up to become one of the most influential musical forces of our time -- the solid gold hitman who produced the soundtrack of our lives.
- Author BiographyDavid Foster is a 15-time Grammy Award winning composer, songwriter, arranger, and record producer whose career began in the early 1970s, with the group Skylark. He then went on to become one of the most sought-after session players in the business, working alongside such musical legends as Barbra Streisand, George Harrison, Paul McCartney, Diana Ross, Rod Stewart, and many more. In 1990, Foster met Celine Dion in Quebec, singing under a tent in the rain, and shortly thereafter he introduced her to American audiences. A few years later, he was recruited by Atlantic Records, paving the way for the creation of his own successful label, 143 Records, and in the years since he has discovered a roster of diverse and exceptional talents, including, most recently, Josh Groban and Michael Buble. In addition to his work in the music business, Foster spends much of his time raising money for charity.
- Author(s)David Foster
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- Content Note16-page b-w insert
- Weight303 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.