All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHobbes Today: Insights for the 21st Century brings together an impressive group of political philosophers, legal theorists and political scientists to investigate the many ways in which the work of Thomas Hobbes, the famed seventeenth-century English philosopher, can illuminate the political and social problems we face today. Its essays demonstrate the contemporary relevance of Hobbes' political thought on such issues as justice, human rights, public reason, international warfare, punishment, fiscal policy and the design of positive law, among others. The volume's contributors include both Hobbes specialists and philosophers bringing their expertise to consideration of Hobbes' texts for the first time. This volume will stimulate renewed interest in Hobbes studies among a new generation of thinkers.
- Author BiographyS. A. Lloyd is Professor of Philosophy, Law, and Political Science at the University of Southern California. She is the author of Morality in the Philosophy of Thomas Hobbes, Cases in the Law of Nature (Cambridge University Press, 2009) and Ideals as Interests in Hobbes's Leviathan (Cambridge University Press, 1992).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication17/12/2012
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight630 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byS. A. Lloyd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.67Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.