All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOf Michael Oakeshott and his interest in Thomas Hobbes, Professor Paul Franco has written, The themes Oakeshott stresses in his interpretation of Hobbes are...scepticism about the role of reason in politics, allegiance to the morality of individuality as opposed to any sort of collectivism, and the principle of a ninstrumental, npurposive mode of political association, namely, civil association. . Of Hobbes's Leviathan, Oakeshott has written, Leviathan is the greatest, perhaps the sole, masterpiece of political philosophy written in the English language. . Hobbes on Civil Association consists of Oakeshott's four principal essays on Hobbes and on the nature of civil association as civil association pertains to ordered liberty.
- Author BiographyMichael Oakeshott (1901-1990) was Professor of Political Science at the London School of Economics and a Fellow of Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge. He was the author of many works, including On History and Other Essays and Hobbes on Civil Association, both published by Liberty Fund.
- Author(s)Michael Oakeshott
- PublisherLiberty Fund Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2000
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationIndianapolis, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiberty Fund Inc
- Content Noteindex
- Weight275 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Foreword byPaul Franco
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.