All listings for this product
Save on Audio Books
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $28.54
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $45.20Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $44.90Trending at AU $48.40
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $42.29Trending at AU $46.12
- AU $25.76Trending at AU $33.06
About this product
- DescriptionMidway between the satire of Spinal Tap and the pathos of American Beauty lies the schizophrenic state of mind kwn as Hog Fever. On the surface this is the story of a man, a motorcycle, and a teetering bank balance. But lurking beneath, occasionally visible like threads through faded denim, is the story of a man in search of freedom--or at least one last stab at it.Motivated by the emasculating success of his British screenwriter wife and a love of Easy Rider and The Wild One, Robert Lourdes, a struggling American author on the cusp of forty, finds solace in the Harley-Davidson legend. Robert's last-ditch attempt to become part of his wife's world ends in disaster when she blatantly co-opts his idea for a screenplay during a dinner party for a hideous Hollywood producer.The arrival of Gabriella, a beautiful Italian production assistant with a Harley of her own, stirs in Robert the first tremors of a long-dormant passion. Confused and lacking the confidence to shed the marital skin, he takes further refuge in shiny accessories, rallies, and bigger Harleys, culminating in a 1,700-mile pilgrimage to a major biker rally in Marbella, Spain.Hog Fever is Robert's comedy of errors as he embarks on a tattoo-and-testosterone-fueled quest to find himself.
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight113 g
- Width137 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time155
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.