All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Japanese artist Hokusai spent the second half of his life sketching and painting with tremendous energy nearly everything he saw, and this book focuses on one of his most productive periods, when the artist was in his seventies. This book presents fifty works of the artist's astonishing oeuvre. It includes selections from his rewned series of woodblock prints, Thirty-Six Views of Mount Fuji, including In the Hollow of a Wave,A Shower below the Summit,A and South Wind at Clear Dawn.A Also presented are images of flowers, waterfalls, bridges, birds, and fish, demonstrating the uniquely precise yet passionate quality of Hokusai's art. An expert on the artist's work, Matthi Forrer provides illuminating commentary on Hokusai's life and technique, offering insight into his enduring popularity throughout the world.
- Author BiographyMATTHI FORRER is Curator of Japanese Art at the Rijksmuseum in Leiden, and Professor at Leiden University, the Netherlands. His books include Hiroshige: Prints and Drawings and Hokusai: Prints and Drawings (Prestel).
- Author(s)Matthi Forrer
- Date of Publication27/09/2011
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note50 colour
- Weight458 g
- Width185 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine17 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.